Saturday, February 20, 2010

Valentine's Weekend-Day 2

Day 2 of our Valentine's Day weekend........we decided to stay home and have dinner in our porch. We were going to go to a movie but our Comcast on demand had some movies to rent that seem like a better fit for the day. So we had a quiet dinner and movies later. The porch was decked out already for Valentine's....so we thought it fitting to eat dinner under candlelit.

This is what the table looked like:

all the candles lighted and ready for a nice meal. As you can see a little vino too for dinner. We lit all the candles:
A nice Valentine's Glow
We made a Caesar Salad......homemade croutons and all. I used some old Marble Rye I had laying around and toasted the bread up and cut it into croutons. YUM! Than I bought the lettuce(can't remember the name now it's escapes me)and cut that up and used Caesar dressing( I didn't make that as it seem to hard). Otherwise, everything was hand tossed and cut. I love this bowl: it's from my mom's collection. It's vintage Pyrex. I used it to toss my salad.

Caesar for TWO(well and Muffin)ha!
Here is our table.....so romantic with Doug's Vikings cup(LOL)!
For the main dinner we had our favorite stand bye meal.....Roasted Chicken and potatoes. I made this before and posted it on my blog. It's a favorite......chicken roast fast in the oven and the potatoes under the chicken collect the chicken juices and those potatoes are the best. It's also a easy supper......Dinner in a pan!

Here is the chix and potatoes......it's so rich you really don't need anything else with it. We ate too much! After dinner we had a movie marathon...........watched the Time Travelers Wife, and Couples Retreat. While watching movie we had some more Candle action(this time the battery operated kind)they look pretty real huh? The red ones don't work as well as the white.


Day 2 was a nice quiet time at home..........can't beat that!

No comments: