Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Day Dinner

Thanksgiving Day dinner was yummy! Here is the proof in pixs~ha! All the fixings and of course the Turkey. I have it pretty easy. Judy my MIL makes most of the hard foods and brings them over. Like the Turkey, Stuffing and Gravy, Rolls and pies. I decorate the table and my food responsibilities are Sweet Potato casserole, Mash Potatoes, and Green Bean Casserole. We did cook the turkey one year but I have little room in the oven for all the above . It's just the way we worked it out over the years. Next Year..........we may have Dinner at My SIL and BIL new place. Did I mention that my SIL did take the job offer and is now moving to northern MN. I do like the idea of letting someone else host and taking a break. I hope it works out. I like hosting but sometimes you have to take a break.


Some more views of all that FOOD!



UMMMMM.....I think my sweet potato casserole turned out better than usual too. It's so yummy with the walnuts and the brown sugar and butter make it so yummy. Almost caramelizes the top.

Here is the food...........on the small table and it's all but GONE! WHAT? No leftovers you say? Not to worry..............most of it is in the kitchen and we will be eating this for the rest of the weekend.


Took some candid shots of Aaron .......he was wearing his new sweater for the occasion. Muffin was in her usual begging position at the table. Aaron's Grandma bought him a cute Turkey Beanie. Below is a pix of my yankee candle...........I love the spiced pumpkin smell.


I don't really have a recipe for my sweet potato casserole. My sister Wanda gave me this recipe just by making the casserole at my house one holiday. I loved it so much I make it every Thanksgiving. It's so easy and so yummy! I don't have a recipe but I did take a photo of each step. The only step I didn't show was peeling the yams and cutting them up in small chunks and than boiling them. After the yams are done boiling and are soft(to the touch with a fork). Hand mash them with a potato masher with a little butter and a little milk. It should look similar to the first photo below. The second photo I just dotted butter into the potatoes. The third photo I spread a layer of Brown Sugar over. Fourth and final photo I spread chopped up walnuts over the top and you pop it in the oven on 350 for 45 minutes or more. As seen here I use a wide but shallow casserole dish.

I can't wait for tomorrow's left-overs..............hope everyone had a wonderful day with loved ones! Now I am going to go sleep off the Sleepy Turkey feelings. Night Night!

5 comments:

The Wisdom of Wislon said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Looks like the food went down a treat!

MNScrapbookmom said...

Great photos... I made sweet potatoes this year too... (we don't usually have them) WOW... they were fantastic as well. I covered my dish with mini marshmallows though. It was so delish... Love the photos of Aaron - he is so photogenic. :) Looks like you had a great day yesterday. Happy Late Holiday... ¥

Unknown said...

Mmmm..my stomach is rumbling! Glad your ThanksGiving was fabulous!! I love your banner!

Cheryl Wray said...

GREAT pics!!! you know...sweet potato casserole is one of the few things that we didn't make this year. I may have to make it this week anyway!!

Danielle said...

WOW WOW WOW....your Thanksgiving supper looks AMAZING :) Hope you had a great day!!!