Thursday, October 11, 2007

Bluefin Bay Vacation Tag Album

Finally posting my Bluefin Bay Tag mini album. I've been done with this for sometime. Just getting around to posting it. Here is my finished album below. Remember this was Donna Downey's Coin and Tag Mini Albums. This one being the large green Tag Album. I used the tabs in the kit. The kit had these cool tabs....so I used them for some hidden journaling. I decided to use them to pull from the top.

Below is just a few photos of the hidden journal pages I made. As you can see I haven't journaled on them YET! My last thing to do.
Front side of journal page
Backside of journal Page
Here some more pixs of the Album....some side views of the tag album.



Below are just some views of the inside pages.... I made use of some of the throw away pieces of the chipboard. I had these perfect squares so I used them for accents on both these two pages. I just typed out some journaling on computer and put the title on the chipboard pieces. I used paper left over from my Kolette by Colorbok kit. Love those papers. They are very useful in distressing and roughing up the edges of the paper. Love that! I also roughed up the chipboard pieces on the Lake superior journal blocks below. Love sandpaper! I even used some of the Rub-on's that was included with this kit. Notice how I used the rub-on on the circle chipboard piece. I cut a half circle in the photo and added the circle chipboard.(aka: the Ali Edwards type half circle with a circle). I always wanted to try that so I did a couple times though out the album.


Here some more of that wonderful Colorbok paper. I distress the edges and I added this rub-on(rub-on was Bobunny)and added some bling gems to the scrolls.


Added more Colorbok paper and Distressed metal flowers. chipboard from the kit.Here some Bling Gems and primaRub-on is Basicgrey & GemsMore chipboard from the kit and this time I was able to paint it and distress along the edges.More paper, Rub-on's and chipboard piecesFelt flowers and circles for these two pagesBrads from the kit.


I used more chipboard to spell out hiking trail and used some of the negative space letter. Some of the punch outs and things I used were also part of the Colorbok paper kit. Left over from my past projects. Next pix....I distressed some chipboard letter that says FUN...and made the Family circle. Used my new quickutz (A) letter(spicy Chicken). I actually wrote in F mily. I don't often use my own handwriting...it's messy and I hate it but I did this one this time. I took a zig pen and outlined the A .....because it didn't seem to show up enough.




Here some more chipboard pieces I made. I made them outta the left over pieces from the frames or circles from the kit. I like how the (Together) one worked out. I made that with paper and a rub-on(basicgrey). Had some handy friskars round punches to help out. The chipboard ended up being pretty thick for my mini book....so to help out the thickness....I stuck half of the chipboard out the top of the album. Which worked ok, since I have tabs already hanging out the top. The square chipboard I made below...was easy too. I just used Colorbok Punchout with a verse, and put a flower chipboard ontop with a red jewel brad. I distressed the chipboard flower, and the colorbok punchout. Also the backside of these were sticking out the top....so I added a pattern piece of paper so the other side wouldn't be bare chipboard showing.


I was happy to finally get these photos scrapped. Regardless how much I catch up on my photos....I now have some new Fall photos to scrap of Bluefin bay. ha! I will post the photos soon in slideshow of my new pixs. Until than I have a slide of the inside pages(all of them)of my bluefin tag album. As you can see I did very little to the photos. I used large format photos....on most pages. Simple scrapbooking and it was FUN! Enjoy the slide! TFL

5 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!Great job on the tag album! Looks so professional! Love the rub-ons with the gems and the circular 'Ali' letters! Fantastic!

MNScrapbookmom said...

This book is fantastic !!! I love every page... WOW... I really need to get some of my "planned" little books done. Thanks for sharing !!! ¥

HereNowSeattle said...

this is amazing! by the way, i have a new blog name but i see you already found it :) good. how did you find it by the way? i was attempting to hide from a few family members that i didnt want to read my blog anymore...ithought changing the name would do that. maybe i was wrong??

Danielle said...

WOW Paulene!!! This album is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! You did a fantastic job on it :) I love all the little extras that you added to it, and the photos are GORGEOUS :)

Cheryl Wray said...

This album looks SO gorgeous!!! i really love the bling gems!!!