Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A big Thank YOU to all and some Inspiration as well

I wanted to share what I got from another blogger and scrapbooker friend. Kyra AKA: MNScrapbookmom sent me for my Birthday present. Love it.........a crochet Cupcake from Etsy shop. Thanks Kyra for being so generous and thoughtful. I am going to put this in my scraproom. Your right it will go really well in there. Right now I have it in my Holiday area of my kitchen so Aaron can see it. He LOVES it! He keeps picking it up and "pretending" to eat it. He's so cute! Anyhow, as soon as my Halloween decor comes out I will be moving the cupcake to my scraproom permanently. I took this pix of it and the beautiful card Kyra made. I love all the stamping she did on this card. So cute! Along with the bag .....that has a cupcake on it to.

Kyra packaged this so cute too....I almost didn't want to open it ...as the package was so pretty as well.

Thanks Kyra ........this really made my day and Aaron too!

Also, Kyra has some really fun post about Elsie Flannigan and a photo to share- you can't miss it it's here: Elsie-fied

I think Elsie Flannigan started something with the cupcakes.....I see alot of influence with other scrappers and cupcakes. I recently seen a post on Sandy's blog here: Sandy's Creations. She had a blog on cupcakes too. Super cool inspiration in the kitchen. Sandy just started her blog yet has so much inspiration on her blog. Check her blog out if you haven't already. She's a scrapbook teacher so she has tons of cool ideas to share with everyone.

Pretty fun .................alot of fun bloggers out there and am Proud to be friends with all of them.

Speaking of.......I have catch up to do as I was tagged by another great scrapper and blogger her name is Kory. She always has such fun photos on her blog and she's part of a design team for scrapbooking. check out her Layouts....their totally fun and creative. Don't forget to check out her take on CKU Nashville where she met up with Ali Edwards for a photo: Here

Another blogger friend had some real big finds on the Etsy shop I thought I would share HERE and her name is Danielle. Love her scrapbooking style and has alot of fun things to share with everyone about scrapbooking.

Here is another close-up view of the cute crochet Cupcake.



My best friend Angie sent me this card for my birthday and I just had to share it. Isn't it just the dangest cutest card EVER? I couldn't believe she found these 3D Shih Tzu stickers. So cute! Angie............ I so love the card and thanks for making the card and thinking of me. Very sweet and your a great friend. Plus, besides the card she gave me a Starbucks gift card.........YUMMO! I already used it up(as I have a coffee addiction) and used it on alot of Pumpkin Spice coffees. Love fall time and everything that goes along with it. Like the pumpkin flavors at the coffee shops.



I want to thank everyone for the birthday cards they sent to me.....all my sisters(a big thank you) and Wanda(My sis) giving me the gift card to Target. Love it......you know us well....we live at Target I swear! Going to try to spend it in the scrap area of Target. Target has a great scrapbooking section. Target's dollar bins also has scrapbooking items too sometimes. I just picked up some fall/Halloween/harvest items for a buck a piece. LOVE IT!


I will try to post a vid of Char's card (if I can get it to work out). Aaron just loved this card his auntie Char sent for my bday. I have to get a vid of it ...it's so cute! That is if I can find the card. I gave it Aaron to play with. I will try to track it down. it's fun!



Until than I will leave you with my Tag questions from Kory on her blog HERE. Those are her tag answers here are mine below:

1. Who is your man? Doug

2. How long have you been together? 91 when I met Doug but been married since 1994.

3. How long dated? I think I just answered that in the last question/answer~ha!

4. How old is your man? 43

5. Who eats more? Doug does(but I am catching up with him these days(bad I know)!

6. Who said "I love you" first? It's a fog and am not sure but If I had to bet...I would bet Doug said it first.

7. Who is taller? Well by my family photos....I am sure you can tell I am a shrimp next to Doug. I am short and he's a big guy.

8. Who sings better? Oh my gosh...DOUG for sure! I don't sing!!! and you wouldn't want me too either(trust me)!

9. Who is smarter? Ok, Have to go with Doug on this one.

10. Who's temper is worse? awe, easy one......so ME!

11. Who does the laundry? I do and wouldn't want Doug to do the laundry. I am really picky with my clothes washing. he wouldn't do it the right method.

12. Who takes out the garbage? Doug and Aaron. Ha! I sometimes collect it from all areas of the house to help Doug out. he is in charge of getting it to the curb.

13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Muffin~ha ha ha

14. Who pays the bills? Doug mostly(he's smarter remember?)ha!

15. Who is better with the computer? Doug is better at maintenance of the computer....I am better at surfing it(hee hee)!

16. Who mows the lawn? Doug and he's "obsessed" man with his grass and have several people say our yard looks like a golf course. He's so PROUD of that! He deserves it....he works hard at making it look good. We still have weeds tho-bummer!

17. Who cooks dinner? Depends on the day really. I do mostly(I have a little Rachel Ray or Martha in my bones) but sometimes dinner is alot of work and we take out or eat out or eat at THE MIL house. That's the best!

18. Who drives when you are together? ha....my family and friends will laugh at this one. They know I am a non driver.......so must say DOUG. I am frightened of my driving skills. Must of been all those years of not having a car. It really made me a bad driver.

19. Who pays when you go out? UMmmm.....we do. All in the same kitty pot fund I am afraid. When your married your money is his/hers etc.....

20. Who is most stubborn? ummmm....ME!

21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Doug

22. Whose parents do you see the most? Doug's parents. My Dad passed away of Heart disease early in his life(he was around 50+). My mom is up north in Minnesota and we are in the cities. So it makes it hard to travel 6+ hours away(we use to go more often but ever since we had Aaron it's been hard to make that long trip). Doug's parents live in town and they take Aaron every week. So thus, we see them more often. Plus there just more "involved" in our lives which I can't say the same for my mother. She's never been active in any of my siblings lives. Just the way it's always been.

23. Who kissed who first? Again....the FOG..........not sure ....I am betting Doug did tho. He used to peel out with his truck if he didn't get a little kissy or I upset him. I strung the poor man along for along time saying we were "just friends". Ha!

24. Who asked who out? Doug did. If you read The Story of Us on my blog.....right after that night he asked me out to a movie and sent FLOWERS. My friend and employer at the time....when I received the flowers from Doug. She told me, "your marrying this guy Pauline". ha ha ha.........looks like I DID. She was right all along.

25. Who proposed? Doug did. He picked me up in this limo(which was Hilarious...since I lived in this dump hole of an apartment at the time). He had bouquet of flowers in tow and for a added perfect touch....a HUGE Wile E. Coyote stuffed animal holding the flowers. Ha ha ha! You know what I like baby! Any how, than he took me out to eat at the fancy restaurant on top of the IDS tower in Minneapolis(to which we hated because it was snotty place and I am scared of heights)ha! After dinner made of for it as we went around the lakes in the limo and he proposed to me in the limo.

26. Who is more sensitive? Doug is! He cries at chick flicks(although I am pretty sure I shouldn't be letting that cat out the bag-ha) Guys like to be macho you know.

27. Who has more friends? Probably Doug because he works and gets out more than I do.

28. Who has more siblings? me and were all girls except for one brother(family of six kids).

29. Who wears the pants in the family? We both wear sweatpants....Ha...just kidding! We don't really work that way. It's equal in our relationship.

Now I think the thing is to pick 3 more people to tag. So, I am picking all the fab girls I talked about in the blog post. MNScrapbookmom(Kyra), Sandy's Creations(Sandy), and Danielle.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

OMG what a sweet birthday present that was ~ I just adore the little cupcake!!!! So sweet!!!!

Thanks for mentioning my blog ~ you're such a doll!!!! I can't wait to see the other blogs you mention too...it's so much fun meeting new people through blogs :) Great friendships!!!

Thanks for tagging me :) I'm off to do that now!

Unknown said...

OMG thanks so much for your kind words about me Pauline! You're so lucky to have received such wonderful items for your birthday from other bloggers! I'm off to check the blog sites you mentioned...