Wednesday, January 24, 2007

More Layouts

My latest Layouts-still finishing up my Halloween ones from Last year. I used some more "Cosmo Cricket" papers. Love those! Such fun patterns and colors. These papers just happen to match my son's costume well and the Halloween theme. My goal was to get more scrapbooking done. I did these 4 LO's in one weekend. They were pretty easy pages but ....most my pages are simple scrapbooking. I don't do too fancy work/but it's fun to do. That's all that matters/and keeping our memories in albums. I did a theme with these pages to make them go faster/I did a Trick or Treat theme. I had alot of Trick or treat embellies-what can I say!~hee! I didn't journal on these pages as they go with some more pages I did already with Journaling. I am not "big" into journaling. Infact, I really don't care too. I wish I was more talented to write but never can think of what to write down. I think I am way too inpatient to write it all down. Maybe when I do more 12 x12 pages I will do more journaling. I am really stuck on 8x8 and means there is less room to journal. Hardly enough room to do pixs. The pages below are 8.5 x 8.5 size. I think when I start to get back to 12x12 I might just try to do one page LO's instead of my usual 2 page LO. Have to try new things and was thinking it might go faster scrappin one page at a time. I always have so many photos I want to get on a page. So end up doing 2 page LO's for that reason. For me the scrapbooking is about the Photos not the pretty papers. Don't get me wrong/LOVE, LOVE the papers/but have to have a pix on the page. What would be the point otherwise??? Well, for me it the photos. I am not a "artist" I think the scrappers that are more "artsy" are more into the art of it/thus the pages without pixs sometimes. Me ....not so much!~hee (disclaimer: doesn't mean that I won't be in the future as I hope to grow in my scrapbooing skills). That what I love about scrapbooking, it's always a learning process. Can always learn new and exciting techniques and products are always changing. Love that! Plus, always learn new things because of all this wonderful "sharing" community. Thanks and keep inspiring!



Here is the first 2 page LO of the Trick or Treat theme. The fun chipboard letters that spell out Trick Treat are from OTC(oriental Trading company-Fun expressions). I used some clear stamps with Halloween images on them- I picked up from JoAnn's at a discount. The chipboard bat is also OTC. The Transparency sleeve(all Dressed Up) was My minds Eye photo sleeves. The tag is Basic Grey and I distressed the edges of it and also the Cosmo Cricket paper I distressed edge.



Here is the other 2 page LO. I made this with my Cosmo scraps from the 1st Trick treat LO. Than just added embellies. I decided I love these photos of Aaron so I wanted to enlarge them. Great trick on a 8x8 size......(or in this case 8.5) I enlarge the photo but make it narrow to fit on the LO. I can make any size I want on my photo printer so I just made 5x8.5 size. Crops in the pix really nice and get a really in your face pix. Love it! Love photo programs. Also Loving my new crop a dile tool!!! I was able to punch holes in the metal tags you see in this LO. Love, LOVE that tool. It has saved my hand from a world of hurt (punching holes for eyelets etc....)and on top of that......punches holes in anything that does and doesn't move. Love it...love it love it love it!
Below: just closeup views so you don't have to click on the images.......







TFL and more to come after this weekend....whooo hoo...I am on a roll!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

WOW...great layouts!!! Love the Cosmo Cricket papers with his costume ~perfect match :D