Tuesday, May 13, 2008

SSHE

What's for dinner? Seattle Sutton! My Dh and I decided to start up a weight loss and healthy eating program. we knew someone who tried SSHE. They highly recommended it to us. So we started the meals last week. I thought I would share a daily photo blog of what the meals consist of, and how they tasted and if I would recommend them or not.

The hardest parts of this program for me is eating 3 meals a day. I usually don't eat 3 meals a day. Especially breakfast( I hear is the most important meal of the day). So my breakfast today was Strawberry Bread and fruit slices and I added a glass of Orange Juice(not included in the meal plan). To the right is the containers the meals are arranged in and we keep them in the fridge. The meals are picked up every Mon. Night, and Thur night. Twice a week, to keep the meals fresh. They are not Frozen! This breakfast was good. I like the bread but the fruit/YUCK! I don't usually like fruit. Especially tough skin fruit. These slices were too tough. I gave them to my Dh(LOL).

Today's Lunch: a Delicious Turkey Bagel Sandwich with some kiwi slices and Orange juice(not included in the meal). I thought this was a tasty sandwich and I toasted the bagel. I don't care for Fruit/but I am trying to get used to eating more fruit. kiwi would not be my fav. Fruit but it's ok.
Today's Dinner: Baked Tuna and Noodle casserole with carrots and a Cucumber Salad and Roll. Really good dinner! We found it was more home cooked if we zipped it in the oven instead of heating it in the microwave. I also added a "little" cheese. Just to give it that baked home cook flavor. Not too much so we don't mess up the calorie count.

The meals have been really good so far. Not too much complaints. I don't eat seafood, and we did get a couple FISH entrees. I just switched a lunch with my DH for the Fish dish. Either way, we are still eating healthier and eating better portions per meal. I am hoping this will TRAIN us better in eating healthier size portions and better all around meals. Here's hoping!!! We are going to give this a try for a few weeks, and I'll let you know if we loose some weight. There is another advantage to SSHE meals. We don't have to wonder...................and ask............"what's for dinner tonight". LOL! The meals have been good for Doug too. He's been bringing his Breakfast and Lunch to work. He will save money and eat better. He would eat out alot, and fast food. So this is going to be really good for him. The Cost...........of SSHE? We added up all we spend on food........grocery and eat out FOOD. Let's just say, it's a little cheaper to eat SSHE meals. LOL!
Of course, we have to buy Aaron food still and Muffin food. We included that in on the total costs. SSHE doesn't provide beverage. They suggest eating Skim milk with your meal. Both Doug and I have eliminated Soda Pop from the diet(that alone will help loose weight). I don't like skim milk, so I have opted to drink either water, coffee or Crystal light drinks. Depends on the meal, Juices with breakfast and maybe milk with granola etc.......
I will be back tomorrow with my 3 meal critique. Here is hoping it will be just as good.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Congrats on the new weight loss program :) The meals look really good!!!!

Wishing you the best of luck!