Saturday, August 4, 2007

Having fun at the Zoo

When my sister Francine was in town.........we took her to the Como Zoo in St. Paul, MN. Franny hadn't been to that zoo since the 70's. I told her it has changed alot since that time.

There are two major zoo's in our area. One is the Minnesota Zoo and that one is in the southern metro area. Como Zoo and conservatory is the other zoo and that is in St. Paul. We decided to go to the Como zoo with Franny as that zoo is FREE admission. Can't beat that and plus, there are alot of other things to do at Como. Since it's near Como Park and can go paddle boating and has amusement park for kids too called Como Town. Aaron is getting close to the age of enjoying some of those rides at Como Town.

We picked a PERFECT day to hang out at the zoo. The weather was sunny and wonderful. Not humid at all that day and sunny and warm. Perfect for gazing at the animals.

Our first stop at the Zoo was Zobota Cafe. Love their food and it has the most amazing Caribou Coffee inside the cafe. That Caribou is amazing because it makes the best Coffee I ever tasted. LOVE IT! Always have to save room for a coffee. The specials of the day are what to indulge in at the cafe. So good! I have photos of all in our slide show below.

All and all we enjoyed the day just hanging out in the wonderful sunshine.

We got lucky and got to see the Polar Bears getting fed. It was super cute....we got to see the polar bear on his back sliding around in the ice piles. Ha ha ha.....the polar Bear ate the fish that were left for them in the ice....and than the one polar bear decided to roll around in the ice afterwards. He look like dogs do when they roll around on their backs. Only the polar bear is massive and it just was such a site to see. Really got a good look at their massive paws. I only wish I could have gotten a photo of the bear on his back but I was too late. I guess I was enjoying watching it and missed the photo opportunity. Shoot!

The flowers at Como are amazing displays. I captured some of those colorful flowers in photos(on the photo slide).

Como Zoo is pretty busy place. I know alot of weddings take place at Como and we saw some wedding party hanging out by the conservatory that day. It's a popular place to rent out for weddings.

After we were done looking at the animals. We went into Como Town. Aaron is still too little to ride most of the rides. We did have a few that he tried. One was a little kiddy cars. He loved that...anything with cars he just LOVES.

It took a little coaxing but we got Aaron to ride on the bumper cars. He really enjoyed them once he got used to it all. He loved when the cars would hit and bump each other. He let out a loud Squeals. Too cute!

Well, enough Talk.......see it for yourself in photo slide below. Enjoy!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna see the animals and have a coffee, too! Looks like a good time.

Kory said...

Fun! I LOVE the zoo!

Danielle said...

WOW... a free-admission Zoo??!?!?! That rocks :D

I love the pictures...the polar bear ones are my favorite :) Looks like you had so much fun!!!!

MNScrapbookmom said...

I'm at work. amd the photoslide will not work. :( I will look at it omorrow when I get home. Sounds like you had a great time. I love the Zoo... :)¥